- All artwork submissions must be in the form of a vertical ellipse (see sample below) because that will be the shape of the cards. They will be large cards, it probably will be best to do the art oversize so it can be reduced down and hold high resolution.
- Initial submissions should be in jpg or pdf format. The actual artwork may be in any media, paint, watercolour, chalk, pen & ink, photocollage, or any other medium.
- In a 2 dimensional edition of the cards it will likely not be possible to include all the details from the written description in each card, and the focus should remain on a strong central highlighted image.
- If you would like to include items not mentioned in the written descriptions, please drop us a note. Such as if you want to add a plant, animal, symbol, etc. not in the description, so that we can respond as to whether a particular type is already used elsewhere.
- The pigment and light colours listed in the description do not need to be main colours in the images. It is helpful if they appear somewhere in the image.
The proposed proportion of the height to width of the cards will be: 1 to 1.6180339887... rounded down for convenience to 5 decimal places is 1.61803 [The much discussed Golden Proportion].
In the diagram above the A to B distance is 1.61803 units, the C to D and the E to F distances are 1 unit. So hopefully the A to E and F to B distances are approximately .30902 units each. [The E to F distance may have to be slightly adjusted to achieve this.]
So if your working oval is 10" wide, it should be 16.1803" tall, if it's 16" wide then it should be 25.88848" tall and so on.